Confidently Store Up to 8TB of Data Without Sacrificing Performance
- Quickly access and store critical data with blazingly fast random performance - over 100% faster than the previous generation
- Enjoy peace of mind with field-proven, ninth-generation technology for reliable access to unstructured data - all in the same 3.5-inch footprint!
- Helps to ensure 24Ã—7 uninterrupted performance - every transaction, every day
- Efficiently delivers easy integration into replicated and RAID bulk storage systems with 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interface options
Impressive Capacity - Designed for Speed
Supporting the industryâ€™s best response times for an 8TB a nearline drive, the SeagateÂ® Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD enables the fastest data transfers thanks to our comprehensive advanced caching technology.
Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective data center footprint available on the market. With innovative technology advancements like PowerBalanceâ„¢, PowerChoiceâ„¢ and RAID Rebuildâ„¢, you can customise your bulk storage requirements for even greater improvements in your TCO.
World-Class Reliability Meets High-Capacity
When building maximum density server and storage solutions with the 8TB Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD, you can rest easy knowing that your storage infrastructure can scale to meet your growing capacity needs, while offering your users a consistent and predictable response rate. Built to support enterprise-class nearline workloads of 550TB/yr, and backed by 2M hours MTBF as well as a 5-Year Limited Warranty, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD helps to ensure you can meet all of your bulk storage SLAs.
Reliable, Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24Ã—7 World
High capacity storage for multi-drive chassis requires predictable and reliable performance. The Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD is built to support enterprise-class nearline workloads of up 550TB per year, which is up to 10Ã— the rated workload of desktop HDDs. Clearly, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD can help to ensure that you meet your rigorous bulk storage SLAs. Choose from 12Gb/s SAS or SATA 6Gb/s interfaces for easy integration into existing platforms.
Protect Data with SED Options
Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD protects data where it lives - on the drive. Choose from government-grade SED FIPS 140-2 option or SED models with Seagate Instant Secure Erase technology for easy and cost effective drive disposal.
Whatâ€™s In the Hard Drive?
- A super fast 8TBs of nearline storage, utilising Seagateâ€™s latest advanced caching technology
- At 550TB/yr, itâ€™s 10Ã— the workload rating of desktop drives
- Proven conventional PMR technology backed by the highest field reliability ratings and an MTBF of 2M hours
- 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interfaces for easy integration
- Excellent IOPS/TB storage for unstructured data
- 33% increase in capacity (over the previous generation)
- PowerBalanceâ„¢ feature for customising lower power consumption and balanced performance
- Seagate Instant Secure Erase feature on SED drives for secure, easy and cost-effective drive disposal
Seagate Enterprise 3.5 2TB. Hard drive size: 3.5", Hard drive capacity: 2000 GB, Hard drive speed: 7200 RPM, Hard drive interface: Serial ATA III, Device type: HDD, Drive device, buffer size: 256 MB